We’ve updated the base WordPress theme we use at Soupgiant for WordPress 3.1+ and to make more use of the WordPress API.
Along with the standard features you would expect in a WordPress framework, it includes
- templates for the Theme My Login plugin,
- custom default code for Formidable / Formidable Pro plugins,
- custom html output for the Grunion Contact Form plugin, and,
- a child theme starter.
Never use the framework proper to set up a theme, set up a child theme instead.
- Copy the files from the starter directory into the base folder of your child theme
- Create the sub-directory assets in your child theme
- Copy the framework’s assets/child/ directory into the assets directory of your child theme
See the WordPress codex page on child themes for more information.
More documentation to come!